Privacy and Cookies
This privacy notice relates to the personal data processed by the James Cleverly campaign.
Who is the Data Controller?
The Data Controller is Rikki Williams.
What does the campaign do?
The campaign promotes James Cleverly to to be Leader of the Conservative Party.
How do we process data?
This campaign processes data for the purposes of campaign communications. In instances where this lawful basis is not sufficient and explicit consent is required, a member of the campaign will contact you to establish your consent. We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will we share your data with anyone else?
We will not share the personal information of members of the Team Cleverly mailing list or those in receipt of our newsletters. In any case, we will not use your data in a way that goes beyond your reasonable expectations in contacting us.
For how long will you keep my personal data?
Unless specifically requested by you, we feel it is reasonable that our office will hold your personal data for the duration of the James’s Leadership campaign. Following an election, if unsuccessful, all records will be destroyed within one calendar month of the election.
What rights do I have to my personal data?
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
• Right to judicial review: if our office refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason why. You have the right to complain.
How can I contact somebody about my privacy?
You can get in touch with our office by letter, email or telephone using the details at the foot of this page. Please note that we will ask for identification (passport, driving license, utility bill from the last 3 months) should you choose to exercise any of the above rights in relation to personal data we hold. Complaints In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by this office, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office www.ico.org.uk
James Cleverly MP
House of Commons
London SW1A 0AA
Telephone: 07566 283455