Useful links.

Since 2020 the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office is UK Government Department with responsibility for promoting development and the reduction of poverty. Dominic Raab MP is the Secretary of State for the Department.

Conservative Party Manifesto
The Conservative Party’s 2019 manifesto pledged to honour our commitment to 0.7% of GNI on development, tackle the root causes of poverty and fight climate change (see pages 53 – 55).

Working in International Development
The UK Government provides advice on working for international organisations such as the World Bank, UN and the WTO.

The UK Government provides information on volunteering placements including – where to look for opportunities. You’ll also find useful information on your rights and expenses as a volunteer.

Volunteer ICS
International Citizen Service (ICS) is a volunteering opportunity backed by the UK government which is open to all 18-25 year olds. You can find more information about the development programme and how to apply here.

Project Umubano
Since 2007, a large number of Conservative volunteers have traveled out to Rwanda and Sierra Leone each July to join Project Umubano. This year, volunteers will head to Tanzania on Project Urafiki. MPs, Ministers, lawyers, nurses, business people, teachers and students have funded their own visit to help build a lasting legacy in Africa.

Project Maja
Project Maja was set up by Baroness Sayeeda Warsi in Bosnia in 2009. The project has now been extended to Bangladesh, working in the capital Dhaka, and the north-eastern city of Sylhet.

Receive Regular News Updates

By clicking “Sign Up”  I agree to CFID and its elected representatives using the information I provide to contact me about campaigns and opportunities to get involved. For more information see our Privacy Policy.

Get in touch

Anybody can join the Party if they are 15 or older. Membership applications are reviewed locally before being accepted. If your application is rejected, we will write to you and tell you why.

Under the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000 (PPERA) you must be on the electoral register in the UK excluding the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man in order to make a donation of more than £500.

Just turn up and get stuck in. We will give to training and pair you up with an experienced campaigner who will show you the ropes.

First, you need to be approved as a prospective candidate, please use the form on the right to e-mail us so we can send you an application form.

Help us make a difference.

Pellentesque id nibh tortor id aliquet lectus proin. Tempor orci eu lobortis elementum nibh. Leo vel orci porta non pulvinar neque laoreet.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.